Apr 8, 2012

UPDATED: Why Jennifer Lawrence is awesome.

I know. I know. I've been recently hit by The Hunger Games phenomenon and I can't stop talking about it yet. I've also become a big fan of the movie's lead actress, Jennifer Lawrence and have spent quite a lot of minutes watching her interviews (I must admit that I first started following her after seeing her last year on the Late Show with David Letterman). Trust me, girlfriend's not a boring interviewee. Here are a couple of reasons why J.Law is on a different level of awesomeness, at least in my book:


1) I found it amazing how she managed to make the interviewer laugh in just eight seconds. That's a rare talent. She also says later in the video that she's not down-to-earth, she's just dumb. Here's another red carpet interview for E! wherein she leaves the interviewers in stitches.


                     
2) She's funnier than talk show hosts David Letterman and Chelsea Handler. I also love how insecure she is and how effortlessly she pokes fun at herself (she even calls herself a "troll"). Self-deprecating humor FTW. Too bad her Jimmy Fallon interview is no longer available on Youtube. She actually believes that people still go crazy over Hulk Hogan. Bless her.


3) Only J.Law can liven up a dull interview done by the younger Kardashian sisters. She even calls them out for not reading. Priceless.


4) She also gave me an idea as to how to MTV Punk'd my friends (@ 2:55). So how do you do it a la J.Law? You use a Hanson song which rhymes with a Korean food and make a family member or a close friend feel guilty for not remembering an endearing story that you just invented.


5) In one of her more serious interviews (probably because she wants to share the limelight with her other costars), J.Law answers a question about becoming a role model (@ 2:15). Awww. She's the real deal, people.

So, Jennifer Lawrence, Academy Award nominee, Hollywood's belle de jour and America's Kick-Ass Sweetheart, thinks she's a troll, calls herself dumb and is as insecure as the rest of us are. Seriously, how can you not love her?

UPDATED
6) J.Law can also kill the world with adorableness. That's a nifty secret weapon to have.

2 comments:

  1. After watching The Hunger Games, I Googled Jennifer Lawrence and I realized that she's a chameleon. She looked so simple and unassuming in the movie, but boy, she's a bombshell when off the screen. I think she'll make it big. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I hope so, too. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders and is a very talented actress. As another friend told me, the world is J.Law's oyster. I hope she picks good projects.

      Delete

Let's all stay classy.