Apr 10, 2012

Thanks, Ana. That Diana Ross song is now stuck in my head.


Tennis stars singing by tenishaber

The French Open (Roland Garros) is probably my favorite out of all the four Grand Slam events on the tennis calendar. I just love watching the players run after balls and hit winners while sliding on the glorious red clay of Paris. It's also the first (and so far only) Slam that my absolute fave on the women's side, Ana Ivanovic, has won. I also love it because of the above video (sorry for the blurry quality). I think it's genius how the French were able to make our favorite tennis players sing and dance to cheesy karaoke songs. A few things that we can glean from the video: 

1) The French already predicted Novak Djokovic's rise to #1 as early as 2007. 
2) Roger Federer still thinks that he's the best even if he's not ranked #1. 
3) You can't make the Spanish armada sing a non-Spanish song. 
4) Michael Llodra is indeed racist
5) Gilles Simon is not gay. He's just a French guy who simply can't sing, dance and strip properly.
6) Ana Ivanovic will forever be a dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's all stay classy.